Sunday, October 30, 2011

Miracle of fall

It has been looking to me like this year's fall color is more spectacular than others. Maybe it's because I've gotten more interested in taking pictures of it. So the images are lingering, along with its wide color palate. I stumbled upon a site today that described the science behind fall color. To my delight, it said that fall color does vary from year to year depending on many factors, the most important of which are moisture and temperature. Here's a primer on why and how leaves change colors. And some photos from both my garden, other people's and the street. And to think I wouldn't need the word chlorophyll after seventh grade science.







2 comments:

  1. Great pics of Fall! We just got 6 inches of snow and miss the Fall already. Happy to be a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tx and whoa! I got two followers this morning. I tripled my readership. LOL!

    ReplyDelete